The Promises Alumni Program
At Promises, treatment is just the beginning of a journey of lifelong recovery.
For many, going home can be the hardest part. Addiction and behavioral issues have left our lives in disarray, which can make it difficult to know what the next step should be. Often, an experienced guide can provide invaluable support and direction along the way.
The Promises Alumni Program has been going strong for almost 30 years and is committed to providing that critical support for every member of the extended Promises family. Our alumni members are dedicated to supporting those who have begun the journey of recovery at Promises and their families. Here are a few of the ways we provide lifelong support to our alums:
- Weekly alumni meetings attended by more than 100 active alumni
- Monthly alumni meetings in San Francisco, Phoenix and New York
- An alumni newsletter
- Personal follow-up support
- An annual summer beach party and year-end holiday reunion
- Sober pals program that connects alumni with current clients for weekend visits
- Fun outings such as rollerskating, skiing, hiking and “Food and Fellowship” (alumni check-ins)
- Monthly alumni panels that bring alumni back to share their stories of hope and strength with current residential clients