Alcoholism Treatment Centers: How to Get Started
Not All Alcoholism Treatment Centers Are the Same
To get started on your alcohol recovery journey, you’ll need to research the alcoholism treatment centers at your disposal. There are many factors that will determine which ones are your best options, which may include:
- Whether your insurance plan is accepted – Some alcoholism treatment centers are no- or low-cost, meaning you don’t need to have any insurance at all. But many are private facilities that require insurance or payment.
- Location – If funds are tight, you may not be able to afford to travel to an exotic location. Alcoholism treatment centers closer to home may be a better option.
- How long the program lasts – Programs typically last 30 to 90 days. If you have multiple addictions or a dual diagnosis (mental health concerns in addition to an addiction), you may want a program that runs closer to 90 days.
- Types of therapies offered – There are many therapies available to help you overcome and manage your addiction. Alcoholism treatment centers that offer a variety of therapies will undoubtedly find one that works for you.
- Outpatient support – When the program is finished, you will likely transition to outpatient care. Will the facility help you make that transition, or is it up to you?
- Reputation or reviews – Word of mouth is important. Do other people feel like they received good treatment at the alcoholism treatment centers on your list?
The best way to get started is to spend some time researching the programs and all that they have to offer. Find one that suits your needs. Enlist the help of a family member or friend if you have trouble making a decision. Going to an alcoholism treatment center is a wonderful way to begin your new alcohol-free life.