Promises Austin FAQs
Our recovery advisors are available to answer any questions you have about treatment, costs, insurance and more. Call us at 844-876-5568. You can also find answers to some commonly asked questions below.
What to Bring For Your Stay
- Comfortable, casual clothing including closed-toe or hiking shoes. Appropriate tops with ½ inch straps, and shorts or skirts may be worn with appropriate undergarments.
- Swim suit: one piece for women and board shorts for men (no exceptions).
- Exercise, recreation and hiking clothes.
- Light sweater or pullover for cool group rooms and evenings.
- Personal toiletries such as toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, etc.
- Personal medications – 35 day supply. Must be in the original prescription bottle with your name. All medications will require approval from the Promises Austin medical director.
- Important contact names (e.g., doctors, lawyers, family members), including addresses and telephone numbers.
- Twelve Step literature.
- A personal music device that is not Wifi-enabled, with earphones
- Musical instruments are permissible (guitars, etc.).
- Additional leisure time activities: books (subject to approval), art supplies, journal, etc.
- Personal pillow or blanket.
- You may bring dietary supplements (vitamins, minerals, etc.). These will be approved by the medical director for personal use.
- Laptop – held by staff and signed out at approved times.
- Up to $100 cash along with a credit/debit card for the store, etc. (Will be held in our safe until meeting or outing time.) We suggest that clients not bring more than $100 in cash.
- Hair dryer.
- Laundry bag.
What Not to Bring During Your Stay
- Valuables such as jewelry.
- A vehicle (parking space is limited).
- Abusive medications (including but not limited to stimulants, pain pills or anti-anxiety medications).
- Electronic games, TVs, DVD players, iPods, radios, walkmans, CDs.
- Over-the-counter sleeping pills, diet pills or home remedies.
- Weapons of any kind.
- Personal drinks/snacks (especially if it contains caffeine).
- Seductive or explicit clothing depicting sex, drugs, alcohol or bars.
- Aerosol cans, shoe polish, perfume or mouthwash/aftershave containing alcohol.
- Tank tops, short shorts or mini skirts.
We’re here to answer all of your questions. Call us at 844-876-5568.