Promises Austin FAQs
Our recovery advisors are available to answer any questions you have about treatment, costs, insurance and more. Call us at 17135283709. You can also find answers to some commonly asked questions below.
What to Bring For Your Stay
- Comfortable, casual clothing including closed-toe or hiking shoes. Appropriate tops with ½ inch straps, and shorts or skirts may be worn with appropriate undergarments.
- Swim suit: one piece for women and board shorts for men (no exceptions).
- Exercise, recreation and hiking clothes.
- Light sweater or pullover for cool group rooms and evenings.
- Personal toiletries such as toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, etc.
- Personal medications – 35 day supply. Must be in the original prescription bottle with your name. All medications will require approval from the Promises Austin medical director.
- Important contact names (e.g., doctors, lawyers, family members), including addresses and telephone numbers.
- Twelve Step literature.
- A personal music device that is not Wifi-enabled, with earphones
- Musical instruments are permissible (guitars, etc.).
- Additional leisure time activities: books (subject to approval), art supplies, journal, etc.
- Personal pillow or blanket.
- You may bring dietary supplements (vitamins, minerals, etc.). These will be approved by the medical director for personal use.
- Laptop – held by staff and signed out at approved times.
- Up to $100 cash along with a credit/debit card for the store, etc. (Will be held in our safe until meeting or outing time.) We suggest that clients not bring more than $100 in cash.
- Hair dryer.
- Laundry bag.
What Not to Bring During Your Stay
- Valuables such as jewelry.
- A vehicle (parking space is limited).
- Abusive medications (including but not limited to stimulants, pain pills or anti-anxiety medications).
- Electronic games, TVs, DVD players, iPods, radios, walkmans, CDs.
- Over-the-counter sleeping pills, diet pills or home remedies.
- Weapons of any kind.
- Personal drinks/snacks (especially if it contains caffeine).
- Seductive or explicit clothing depicting sex, drugs, alcohol or bars.
- Aerosol cans, shoe polish, perfume or mouthwash/aftershave containing alcohol.
- Tank tops, short shorts or mini skirts.
We’re here to answer all of your questions. Call us at 17135283709.