Some features of our young adult outpatient treatment center include:
- Three large rooms for group therapy
- Private offices for one-on-one counseling sessions and family sessions
- Indoor gathering area with tables
- Inviting outdoor space with tables, chairs, umbrellas and a grill for BBQs
- Large, multi-functional room for yoga and meditation classes, recreational activities, alumni gatherings, book signings, and other events
- Contemporary kitchen that includes a microwave, sink, refrigerator and toaster oven where clients can prepare meals
- Nearby grocery stores and restaurants for food shopping and dining out
Photo Credit: Steady Jenny Photography.
How We Support Addiction Recovery
Clients in our outpatient drug rehab attend programming based on their treatment level. Young adults entering IOP directly from residential care will spend around six hours a day in treatment. As they step down to less intensive levels of treatment and greater independence, they may attend programming three hours a day, three days a week and ultimately step down to attending group and individual therapy once a week while volunteering, working or going to school. This phased approach to treatment helps clients gently ease back into everyday life with the support of professional staff and peers in recovery.
- Group therapy, individual therapy and family therapy (as needed)
- Rock to Recovery
- Yoga, meditation and wellness coaching
- Art therapy
- Equine therapy
- UCLA challenge course
- 12-step meetings both onsite and within the community every week
- An alumni meeting every Wednesday where current and past clients come together for camaraderie and support in sobriety
As our clients prepare for increasing independence, they receive coaching from their clinical case manager on life goals and work on resume writing and job and school applications. They are encouraged to participate in volunteer work and develop connections in the community. Our strategic urban setting offers clients plenty of ways to integrate “real world” experiences into early recovery, such as outings to the movies, gym, restaurants and shopping. Learn more about our young adult outpatient drug rehab program.
Outpatient Drug Rehab Residences
Our IOP clients can choose to live in Promises’ gender-separate, sober-living residences, in the community, or in other sober-living facilities. Our women’s sober-living residence is a beautiful, historic, two-story Craftsman house with wood structures, lots of windows, warm décor and comfortable furnishings. Promises’ sober-living residence for men is a Santa Fe ranch-style house. Sober-living homes include shared bedrooms and en-suite bathrooms equipped with sinks, showers and bathtubs. Clients relax within inviting indoor and outdoor gathering areas. Each house includes a fully equipped kitchen stocked with juices, bread, milk and healthy snacks. As part of achieving independence, clients are responsible for budgeting and purchasing and preparing their meals.