96-Hour Drug and Alcohol Abuse Assessment & Stabilization Program
96-Hour Inpatient Substance Abuse Evaluation
Many individuals question whether they have a drug or alcohol problem. Their friends or relatives may have noticed changes in their behavior or demeanor and rightly or wrongly assumed that drugs or alcohol were involved. The use of a drug or alcohol by itself may not explain a person’s problems or the changes others see in them, but family and friends are right to be concerned if a loved one seems to be using substances to cope with problems. In many cases, unaddressed psychiatric issues can lead some people to self-medicate with prescription drugs, alcohol, or illegal drugs. Through assessment, we can identify those underlying issues and properly treat them so that the client does not need to abuse substances to cope with their distress. Speak Confidentially with a Promises Recovery Advisor at 844-876-5568.
Promises Treatment Centers created the Assessment and Stabilization Program to identify the underlying cause of a client’s psychological distress and to evaluate the extent to which an individual’s use of alcohol or other drugs contributes to the problems they are experiencing. The assessment process takes 96 hours but may take longer if detox is required.
What Is Included in the Drug and Alcohol Assessment?
- A thorough medical history and physical examination along with screening laboratory tests, performed by an attending physician.
- Toxicology screens
- A comprehensive psychiatric evaluation by a board-certified psychiatrist
- Psychological interview and testing
- A psychological evaluation performed by a clinician, which typically includes:
- Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory – II (MMPI-II)
- Millon Clinical Multiaxial Personality Inventory – III (MCMI-III)
- Mini-Mental State Examination (MMSE)
- Projective testing when indicated
Following the above tests and assessments, the client will meet with the Promises Evaluation team to review the results and recommendations based on his or her substance abuse evaluation. Speak Confidentially with a Promises Recovery Advisor at 844-876-5568.
To learn more about our stabilization program, please call to speak with an intake advisor.