96-Hour Malibu Assessment
Assessment & Stabilization Program
Many individuals question whether they have a drug or alcohol problem. Their friends or relatives may have noticed changes in their behavior or demeanor and rightly or wrongly assumed that drugs or alcohol were involved. The use of a drug by itself may not explain a person’s problems or the changes others see in them, but family and friends are right to be concerned if a loved one seems to be using substances to cope with problems. In many cases, unaddressed psychiatric issues can lead some people to self-medicate with prescription drugs, alcohol or illegal drugs. Through assessment, we can identify those underlying issues and properly treat them so that the client does not need to abuse substances to cope with their distress.
Promises Malibu created the assessment and stabilization program to identify the underlying cause of a client’s psychological distress and to evaluate the extent to which an individual’s use of alcohol or other drugs contributes to the problems they are experiencing. The alcohol and drug assessment takes 96 hours but may take longer if detox is required.
Our alcohol and drug assessment program includes:
- A thorough medical history and physical examination along with screening laboratory tests
- Toxicology screens
- A comprehensive psychiatric evaluation by a board-certified psychiatrist
- Psychological interview and testing
- A psychological evaluation performed by a clinician, which typically includes:
- Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory – II (MMPI-II)
- Millon Clinical Multiaxial Personality Inventory – III (MCMI-III)
- Mini-Mental State Examination (MMSE)
- Projective testing when indicated
Following the above tests and assessments, the client will meet with the Promises evaluation team to review the results and recommendations based on his or her substance abuse evaluation.
To learn more about 96-Hour Malibu Assessment, call 844-876-5568