Benzodiazepine Addiction Treatment
Benzodiazepine Addiction Treatment at Promises
If you’re struggling with benzodiazepine addiction, we can help. Promises drug rehab provides a discreet, comfortable setting where you’ll begin the work of addiction recovery with an expert treatment team.
What is Benzodiazepine Drug Rehab Like?
It’s normal to feel apprehensive about entering drug rehab. We’ll make sure the admission process is as stress-free as possible. Our caring team of treatment center professionals will be with you every step of the way.
Specifics of benzodiazepine addiction treatment are different for everyone. Promises Treatment Center’s staff choose approaches based on your needs and preferences. While substance abuse treatment is personalized, main components usually include:
Safe and Comfortable Benzodiazepine Detox
Benzodiazepine abusers may develop a physical and psychological dependence on the drug. This can cause benzodiazepine withdrawal symptoms when they stop using benzos. Withdrawal symptoms can be severe when benzos are taken with other substances like alcohol.
Benzodiazepine addiction treatment may begin with medical detox. Benzo drug addiction and withdrawal treatment usually involves a drug taper. During drug tapers, we decrease the dosage of benzos gradually. This can help prevent severe benzodiazepine withdrawal symptoms. Medical detox also eases alcohol withdrawal if you’ve been abusing alcohol. Our physicians may use research-backed medications or alternative approaches to ease substance abuse withdrawal symptoms as appropriate.
During benzo detox, you’ll be cared for around the clock by our medical team. We’ll attend to any discomfort promptly. Promises’ drug and alcohol detox facility is welcoming and comfortable. It’s a nice contrast to a bare hospital setting.
In brief, benzo and alcohol detox includes:
- 24/7 care by Promises’ medical team
- Drug tapers
- Medications to ease benzodiazepine withdrawal symptoms
- Medications to ease alcohol withdrawal symptoms
- Alternative benzo and alcohol detox approaches (as appropriate)
- Regular monitoring of vital signs
- Home-like medical detox facility
Effective Inpatient Benzodiazepine Treatment
You’ll enter a comprehensive drug abuse program after benzo detox and/or alcohol detox. Residential treatment delves into the underlying reasons behind drug addiction. This includes attention to dual diagnosis issues. A dual diagnosis or co-occurring disorder is the presence of mental health challenges like depression and anxiety. Depending on your needs, location and length of stay, you’ll receive:
- A highly personalized treatment plan that considers your specific issues and preferences
- Individual therapy to dig deep into root causes of substance abuse and mental illness
- Group therapy that helps build interpersonal skills and connections with peers in recovery
- Traditional and experiential therapies that promote physical, mental and spiritual healing
- Alternative approaches to treat anxiety that help with physical symptoms
- Alcoholism treatment and polysubstance abuse treatment (if necessary)
- Psychiatric care and medication management for dual diagnosis/co-occurring disorders like depression and anxiety disorders
- Family therapy to encourage better communication with loved ones
- Well-balanced meals that support proper nutrition
- Fitness opportunities to promote physical and mental well-being
- Relapse-prevention training to build skills for life after drug and alcohol rehab
- A comfortable setting that feels more like home than a treatment facility
- Aftercare planning so you can continue strengthening your addiction recovery
- Promises alumni group to provide support in sobriety
Aftercare Planning for Long-Term Recovery
We want you to succeed in addiction recovery long after you’ve walked out our doors. Substance abuse treatment at Promises Treatment Center includes thorough aftercare planning. We’ll connect you with a number of resources to help you stand strong in sobriety in everyday life.
This may include:
- Appointments with therapists trained in drug abuse recovery
- Appointments with psychiatrists or physicians
- Step-down levels of care such as outpatient rehab or sober-living residences
- Support groups like 12-step programs or alternative groups such as SMART Recovery
- Promises alumni meetings and events
Why You Need Inpatient Drug Rehab
Sometimes people downplay the seriousness of benzo addiction because it’s a prescription drug. However, benzo addictions are very common and can be dangerous. Benzodiazepines are useful when prescribed to treat conditions like panic disorders /panic attacks or to treat anxiety short-term. But dependence can quickly develop. Treatment of benzodiazepine dependence can be complicated, especially when alcohol abuse or a dual diagnosis is involved. Inpatient drug and alcohol rehab may be the best route depending on the severity of drug abuse.
Benzodiazepine Withdrawal is Complex
You may experience several uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms if you attempt benzo detox on your own. Symptoms depend on the severity of addiction and abuse. You may need alcohol detox as well, which can put you at risk for life-threatening alcohol withdrawal symptoms. Medical detox can help make benzodiazepine withdrawal safe and more comfortable. Withdrawal symptoms our medical team help ease include:
- Heart palpitations
- Muscular pain
- Psychotic reactions
- Sleep disturbances
- Panic attacks
- Nausea and vomiting
Alcohol withdrawal symptoms can exacerbate the process with issues like delirium tremens and heart tremors. That’s why medical detox with an experienced treatment team is critical.
There’s a High Risk of Benzo Addiction Relapse
Benzodiazepine abusers who’ve been using high doses of benzos are likely to relapse without comprehensive drug addiction treatment. Abusing other drugs and alcohol with benzos make addiction recovery even more difficult. Co-occurring mental health disorders also complicate recovery.
Promises drug rehab supports long-term sobriety by:
- Providing distance from substance abuse triggers
- Getting to the root cause of drug abuse
- Using proven therapies like cognitive behavioral therapy
- Teaching relapse prevention skills
- Easing benzodiazepine withdrawal, which can lead to relapse
- Recommending non-addictive medications prescribed to treat anxiety and other mental illness
- Providing aftercare planning for long-term addiction recovery
You Need Space and Time Away From Triggers
Recovering from drug addiction is extremely difficult if you’re still facing everyday triggers throughout the process. Inpatient drug rehab removes you from situations that contribute to abuse of drugs and alcohol. This gives you a chance to focus on yourself and getting better.
You’ll practice healthier ways of dealing with life’s stressors. An expert treatment team will help you address underlying mental illness and trauma that may be fueling drug abuse. You’ll leave drug rehab with new skills and insights that help you stay sober.
Access to Effective Benzodiazepine Treatments
Inpatient drug and alcohol rehab gives you a chance to try several research-based therapies to see what works best for you. Benzodiazepine addiction responds well to effective treatments for other substance use disorders. Research shows behavioral therapy like cognitive behavioral therapy works well with benzo addictions. Gradual benzo tapers are effective in medical detox according to research. Effective drug abuse treatment also includes:
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Family therapy
- Personalized treatment plans
- Co-occurring disorder treatment
Residential treatment of benzodiazepine abuse includes these approaches and others.
What’s the Process for Entering Drug Rehab?
We know this is a stressful time. Promises’ recovery advisors make the admission process as simple as possible. We’ll help you with all the logistics so you can focus on getting the help you need. Here’s what happens when you call:
- Tell us about what’s been going on.
- Discuss your treatment preferences.
- Receive our recommendations for treatment.
- Get a free insurance benefits check.
- If you don’t have health insurance, discuss other payment options.
- Decide on an admissions date.
Does Insurance Cover Benzodiazepine Treatment?
Many insurance plans cover treatment for substance use disorders and mental health disorders. It depends on your particular plan and whether you have a behavioral health component. The simplest way to determine if the cost of drug rehab is covered is to call us. We’ll work directly with your insurance provider to determine what your plan includes: 844-876-5568.
Ready to Start Fresh?
Ready to leave addiction to benzodiazepines behind? It’s possible to take back your life from drug addiction. Call Promises’ rehab centers today. We have decades of experience treating substance use disorders and mental health disorders. We’ll help you rebuild your life: 844-876-5568
To learn more about Benzodiazepine Addiction Treatment, call 844-876-5568