In honor of Recovery Month, The Promises Foundation will host its 9th Annual Polo in the Palisades Charity Event to benefit Miriam’s House.
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) September 9, 2014 – On Saturday, September 27, 2014, Promises and The Promises Foundation will sponsor the 9th Annual Polo in the Palisades charity event to benefit Miriam’s House. This year’s event takes place at Will Rogers State Park in Pacific Palisades, California, from 1-4 p.m. Joining with The Promises Foundation to help change the lives of low-income families in need will be people from the recovery, entertainment, legal and business communities.
This year, The Promises Foundation honors five extraordinary individuals for their enduring commitment to helping others:
- Richard Rogg, the founder of Promises Treatment Centers, who established The Promises Foundation in 1999 along with his wife Lisa. Their vision was to reunify mothers and their children through Miriam’s House, a transitional living home in Culver City, California, that has changed the lives of hundreds of women and their children.
- Susie Spain, an activist with extensive experience in the field of adolescent drug and alcohol abuse highlighting prevention education, who oversees her non-profit organization, Angels at Risk. Her passion is to make a shift in the hearts and lives of children, teens and their families.
- Karl McMillen, a successful businessman with 15 years of sobriety, who founded the McMillen Family Foundation in 2008 with his wife Carol. Karl’s first wife died from cancer and two sons spent much of their lives struggling with substance abuse. Currently supporting more than 13 different organizations, the McMillen Family Foundation has donated over $12 million to charities.
- Bruce Rankin is executive director of the Westside Food Bank, which annually provides more than 4 million pounds of food to 70 Westside agencies for their food assistance programs. He also serves as Treasurer on the Westside Shelter & Hunger Coalition Board and is a founder of the California Association of Food Banks and is its longest serving member.
- Sean McFarland, an addiction therapist in Venice, Calif., specializes in chemical dependency and sexual compulsion. One of the founders of Sex Addicts Anonymous (SAA) in Los Angeles, Sean has been a pioneer in the field of sex addiction and is the producer of the groundbreaking documentary, “Addicted to Sex.”
Tickets for the event are $250 each, and tables start at $2,500. All of the proceeds go directly to benefit Miriam’s House. To find out more about the event, contact Thomas Feldman, Project Coordinator at The Promises Foundation, at (310) 636-0165 or [email protected].
About Promises Treatment Centers
Promises Treatment Centers in Malibu, CA, West Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX are among the nation’s premier addiction treatment centers. Led by some of the country’s leading addiction specialists, Promises has built an international reputation for innovative addiction treatment and exceptional service. Whether an individual requires detox, residential drug rehab, outpatient treatment, extended care or a sober living environment, Promises has been a drug rehabilitation center of choice for more than 25 years. For more information about Promises Treatment Centers, call (866) 285-9441 or visit www.promises.com. Promises Treatment Centers is part of Promises Behavioral Health, a family of behavioral health care programs that also includes Right Step, The Sexual Recovery Institute, The Recovery Place, The Ranch, Journey Healing Centers, The Sundance Center, Lucida Treatment Center and Clarity Way. Elements offers comprehensive, innovative treatment for substance abuse, sexual addiction, trauma, eating disorders and other mental health disorders. We are committed to delivering clinically sophisticated treatment that promotes permanent lifestyle change, not only for the patient but for the entire family system. For more information about Promises Behavioral Health, visit elementsbh4.wpengine.com.