There are a lot of people living with chronic pain, and many of their doctors have given them addictive prescription painkillers. The pharmaceutical companies that created these medications told the doctors, in many cases, that those drugs were not addictive. However, that was not the case. Addiction was a real possibility, and it happened fast. Now there are many people addicted to painkillers, and it’s becoming an epidemic. However, Promises Behavioral Health can help. If you’re facing a painkiller addiction, we want to provide you with the treatment and support you need to move into recovery and a healthy life.
Addictive Prescription Painkillers Don’t Have to Control Your Life
When people need to take painkillers, they often build up a tolerance to those drugs over time. That doesn’t mean they can’t find other ways to manage their pain or choose safer options. Still, they’re following doctor’s advice and may not know what other kinds of options they have. That can become a real problem since they need to stop taking addictive prescription painkillers to live a clean and sober life. We can help with that because we understand how difficult it is to seek treatment and move away from a painkiller addiction. Some of the treatment programs we can provide to help include:
- Medical drug detox: This is the first step in overcoming an addiction and usually takes place in a medical facility setting. Completing detox is essential before moving on to rehab.
- 12-step programs: These provide support and community for people in recovery from addiction.
- Drug rehab for professionals: This type of rehab is designed for people who need to maintain their careers while in treatment.
- Outpatient drug rehab: With this type of treatment, you live at home and visit a treatment center for help during the day or evening.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy: This type of therapy helps people change their thoughts and behaviors related to drug use. It can also help them deal with triggers and cravings.
- Dialectical behavior therapy: This therapy can help people with borderline personality disorder, which is often comorbid with drug addiction. It teaches them skills to deal with emotions and improve relationships.
- EMDR therapy: Can help people who have trauma or other mental health disorders that may be contributing to their addiction. It can help them process and heal from those experiences.
- Family and couples counseling: These types of therapy can help people repair and improve their relationships. This is important because unhealthy relationships are often a trigger for drug use.
With a wide variety of treatment options, you can move past your issues with addictive prescription painkillers and focus on the health and wellness that comes from living a clean and sober life once again. There’s a bright future out there for you, but finding it in the midst of addiction can be difficult. Our trained, professional staff wants to help you find the happy, healthy future you deserve. Don’t settle for less than that. Being in pain is hard, but there are ways to manage it and conquer your addiction to painkillers. Then you can get back to living a life that’s addiction-free.
Working With the Right People for Peace of Mind
Reaching out and admitting you have a problem with addiction can be hard. Once you do that, you’ve taken an important first step toward living a life that’s healthier and happier. A clean, sober life is a great way to feel good about yourself and focus on the kinds of things that matter to you. You had goals and dreams for your life before addictive prescription painkillers got in the way. You can get back to those goals and dreams when you don’t have to battle your addiction anymore. We’re here to be a part of that journey toward success, and help you have a good future you can enjoy and appreciate.
Let Promises Behavioral Health Help You Have a Better Future
You don’t need to allow addiction to have any control over your life anymore. You can take that control back and overcome addiction when you attend a quality facility for drug rehab, like ours. If you contact us today at 844.875.5609, we’ll help you get started on the road to a strong, lasting recovery. There’s no reason to live addicted when you can have the freedom that comes with a clean and sober life. That’s a great way to have a good future, and we want to be part of that for you. We’re here to help you succeed and to get you the tools and techniques you need to make recovery last for the long term. Don’t wait another day to get the help you deserve.