Promises Drug and Alcohol Detox Programs
A World-Class Drug and Alcohol Detox Center
Promises offers medically monitored residential drug detox that is closely supervised by an independent affiliated team of detox specialists who have backgrounds in nursing and medical supervision of detox. Our consulting physicians have more than 20 years of experience managing the symptoms of withdrawal using the latest evidence-based approaches. Speak Confidentially with a Promises Recovery Advisor at 844-876-5568.
If conducted improperly, detox can be painful, even life-threatening in certain cases. The discomfort of withdrawal is one of the primary reasons people leave treatment early or put off treatment altogether. Research indicates that a significant percentage of clients in addiction treatment programs do not get past the detox stage.
At Promises, 99 percent of our clients complete detox and move forward with their recovery program. That’s because we use a combination of traditional and alternative approaches to make detox as gentle and comfortable as possible.
The goal of our detox program is to manage the physical changes that occur in the brain and body after repeated drug use while providing the highest degree of comfort and support. We use the following approaches, among others, to ensure a safe and comfortable detox:
- Comprehensive Assessments – Your treatment team will conduct comprehensive assessments to determine the most effective detox protocols based on your drug history, medical history and individual needs.
- Medication – Our consulting physicians utilize a wide range of safe and effective medications to help manage the physical symptoms of withdrawal.
- Massage Therapy – Massage therapy is another way we prepare clients for full participation in their recovery program. When many people think of massage, they imagine the type of massage they’d receive at a spa. At Promises, massage therapy is something different. Our massage therapists use specific techniques designed to alleviate the muscle cramps and tension that often accompany withdrawal and allow clients to feel calmer and more attentive as they begin the work of recovery.
- Acupuncture – A significant body of scientific evidence supports the use of auricular (ear) acupuncture to aid in drug detox. Studies show people are more likely to successfully complete detoxification, stay in treatment longer, and avoid relapse when acupuncture is incorporated into addiction treatment. Promises has partnered with a licensed and certified master’s level acupuncturist who conducts complete diagnostic evaluations of our clients and utilizes various Traditional Chinese Medicine techniques to address pain, insomnia, anxiety, digestive issues and a host of other complaints common in early recovery.
- Neurofeedback – Early on in the treatment of addiction, clients can benefit from using neurofeedback to establish healthier patterns of brain activity. During drug detox, many clients find that neurofeedback helps to reduce pain, anxiety and drug cravings, improve concentration, and restore sleep.
Most of our clients finish drug detox within 3 to 7 days of admission. However, at Promises our focus is on completing detox in a way that allows clients to be successful long-term, not how long the process takes. Like the rest of the treatment experience at Promises, detox is finely tailored to your specific needs. Speak Confidentially with a Promises Recovery Advisor at 844-876-5568.
Recognizing that some clients may not be able to benefit from beginning treatment while in detox, clients are not required to participate in structured groups or other programming. However, if you are ready to begin substance abuse treatment and are cleared by our medical team, we encourage you to begin attending groups and therapy sessions during detox.
At Promises, you aren’t expected to have a clear plan for how to get from where you are now to where you want to be. Ambivalence is the rule rather than the exception when people come to treatment. You may not feel ready to give up drugs and alcohol. You may not know what’s next for you after detox. That’s why we’re here – to guide you along the path to recovery, one step at a time.
Robert Saltzman, MD
Independent Detox Specialist
Sarah Straub, RN-BC, CCDC, BA
Head Detox Specialist
Vivian Dungan, RN, CARN, CCDC
Head Detox Specialist
Jack Kuo, MD