The World Health Organization has recognized acupuncture as a beneficial treatment for many ailments, including addiction recovery. It is a holistic form of therapy that uses small needles inserted into the skin to promote physical and mental healing. Acupuncture for addiction recovery is a relatively new form of therapy for addiction recovery that is quickly gaining in popularity. In fact, an acupuncture therapy program can be very beneficial in helping clients maintain their sobriety for life.
At Promises Behavioral Therapy, we help men and women from all walks of life who are struggling with addiction to opioids, meth, or other substances. We offer a full range of medical, behavioral, and holistic treatments that address all aspects of your addiction, including acupuncture therapy for addiction. Call 844.875.5609 or fill out our online contact form today for more information about our addiction treatment programs and how they can benefit your recovery.
Can Acupuncture Help Addiction?
Acupuncture helps addiction by reducing your body’s dependence on the substance you are abusing. Research has shown that acupuncture can help with dopamine release after the body’s own natural dopamine production has stopped due to the amount of toxins in your body. This will break your body’s dependence on the drug and allow true healing to begin.
Acupuncture is painless and holistic, and even people who are afraid of needles can experience the benefits of acupuncture for addiction recovery. Clients report they can barely feel the needles and claim it feels less than a bee sting or pinch. Sessions typically will last between 30–45 minutes, where clients lay down in a quiet environment listening to meditative music.
At Promises Behavioral Health, we understand that many people today prefer a holistic experience for addiction recovery. They don’t want to treat the addiction with more medication and prefer a more natural recovery experience using meditation, acupuncture, exercise, and other holistic therapies. Medication-assisted treatment is available to reduce withdrawal and cravings for severe cases of addiction.
The Benefits of Acupuncture for Addiction Recovery
Acupuncture has been used to treat many different ailments for hundreds of years. In fact, it’s becoming more popular in the U.S. for treating addiction, muscle pain, and neurological disorders. Here are just a few benefits of using acupuncture to help addiction:
- Acupuncture can help reduce withdrawals and cravings that are common with addiction. Furthermore, it allows clients to focus on their recovery with fewer distractions.
- It can improve retention rates in a treatment program. This is because clients are less likely to relapse the longer they stick with the program.
- Clients will find that acupuncture can reduce depression and anxiety symptoms that addiction can cause or whose addiction has formed due to depression or other mental health disorders.
- Acupuncture can give you a better night’s sleep and spend more time in deep sleep. This is crucial for your body to heal.
- It’s a safe form of therapy for women who are pregnant.
- Acupuncture breaks the body’s dependence on drugs and alcohol by releasing dopamine to improve your mood.
Choose Promises Behavioral Health for Our Acupuncture Therapy for Addiction
At Promises Behavioral Health, we provide our clients with residential and outpatient treatment programs to aid their recovery journey. We prefer a more holistic approach to treating addiction and other mental health disorders, with acupuncture, recreational, and art therapy programs for a well-balanced and effective addiction recovery experience.
We offer our clients a wide range of addiction therapy programs that include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Group and individual therapy
- Family therapy
- 12-step therapy
- EMDR Therapy
- Art therapy
- Acupuncture therapy
- Massage therapy
Call 844.875.5609 today to speak with our knowledgeable staff about taking the first step toward a sober and happy life to find out more about our acupuncture therapy program.