You’re tired of waking up to the shakes. You haven’t enjoyed – really enjoyed – a drink in a long time. You wish you could quit, but you realize that you have an alcohol problem. At the Promises Behavioral Health alcohol detox center, you can make a change that could last a lifetime. To learn more about our alcohol addiction treatment center, contact Promises Behavioral Health today.
No, Quitting Cold Turkey is a Bad Decision
It’s tempting to empty all of your bottles, sit back, and wait for the withdrawal to hit. Consider that some of the signs of withdrawal can be dangerous. A few of the symptoms include seizures or delirium tremens. Besides that, the pain and discomfort you experience will likely lead to an early relapse.
Take the First Step Toward Sobriety at the Alcohol Detox Center
Alcohol detox center programs factor in the risks that a drinking problem presents. Medical staff specialists know that clients might experience hallucinations and seizures. Besides that, they recognize signs of possible malnutrition and dehydration. They can frequently see these problems arising before you do.
Therefore, withdrawing from the drug at the alcohol detox center is safer than doing it at home. Similarly, it’s also more effective. Several medications take the edge off cravings. Possible care approaches include:
- Medication-assisted treatment to help you deal with intense cravings and minimize the chance of early relapse
- IV Therapy, which allows for the administration of fluids and nutrients to counteract physiological problems
- One-on-one talk therapy that helps you plan for long-term recovery
- Anger management group therapy for program participants who experience anger during detox
- Addiction education as a tool for helping you understand what your body is going through
What Happens Next?
Promises Behavioral Health is an alcohol detox center that offers residential treatment for alcoholism as well. Other facilities may provide one or the other care option. Here, you have access to both. Therefore, you seamlessly move from the alcohol detox center programs to clinical care or rehab.
Doing so helps prevent relapse because you don’t have to wait until you can start care. Similarly, you don’t need to move to a different facility and lose time trying to learn the routines. Here, you already know everyone. Besides that, you feel comfortable with where you’re at.
What Does Rehab Look Like?
During alcohol rehab, you understand why you developed the drinking problem. Even though you’re no longer waking up to withdrawal symptoms, this process is still essential. There’s still a psychological dependency you need to conquer. Therefore, spending time in rehab after your stay at the alcohol detox center is crucial.
Typical treatments include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy that helps you reconnect thoughts, feelings, and actions appropriately
- Family therapy, which lets loved ones join your healing for a better understanding of what you need
- Couples counseling, which helps your spouse or partner rebuild trust and openly communicate their needs
- Equine-assisted therapy that builds compassion and boosts introspection
- Art therapy as a tool for expressing yourself non-verbally
- Trauma treatment for clients who never adequately processed a stressful event from the past
Throughout these therapy sessions, you learn more about yourself. You recognize why you developed an alcohol problem. Most importantly, you develop coping skills that you can employ instead of reaching for a drink. When you’re ready to graduate from the program, you move on to aftercare.
Prevent Relapse with 12-Step Support Groups
Peer support and accountability work well to prevent early relapse. Of course, before you can join a 12 Step group, you have to quit drinking. That’s where the Promises Behavioral Health alcohol detox center has your back.
Furthermore, because addiction and mental health are often interrelated, we also provide dual diagnosis treatment programs. These programs address both concerns simultaneously, giving you the best chance for recovery. Our treatment programs include:
- Depression treatment
- Anxiety treatment
- Bipolar disorder treatment
- Trauma treatment
- Eating disorder treatment
Call 844.875.5609 to schedule an intake appointment.