[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Millions of people in the United States die each year due to alcohol-related problems. Alcohol is one of the most devastating substances that people ingest. It’s overwhelming because the difficulties of alcohol are often overlooked and downplayed. Not everyone recognizes how detrimental the physical effects of alcohol are. Consequently, people who indulge in alcohol not only suffer the physical consequences of drinking, but the emotional, mental, and spiritual impact, as well. When you become overwhelmed by the cycle of alcohol addiction, the medicine wheel for addiction recovery is a solution for healing.
What Are the Physical Effects of Alcohol?
Alcohol affects just about every part of the body, and as stated above, it goes beyond just the body to interfere with social, emotional, and mental capabilities. However, the physical effects of alcohol can produce life-altering problems.
- Digestive system, including the endocrine glands
- Liver damage, which may consist of scarring, inflammation, or liver disease
- Diabetes from elevated sugar levels over time
- Central nervous system and the brain— alcohol over time may change the structure of the frontal lobe of the brain
- High blood pressure
- Heart problems, including heart attack, irregular heartbeat, and heart disease
- Sexual and reproductive issues
- Muscle weakness, cramping, and atrophy
- Compromised immune system
As you can see, the effects of alcohol on the body are many, and most of them are quite severe. And may require you to seek physical therapy and other behavioral therapy programs.
Treatment For Alcohol Use Disorder
Since the effects of alcohol on the body are so devastating, it is essential to seek treatment if you are dealing with this problem. You don’t want the physical effects of alcohol to compound and lead to death, which can happen. Treatment can be successful if you put your heart and mind into healing.
There are various methods of therapies and treatments for alcohol use disorder. One helpful reference, the medicine wheel therapy, is the ancient idea that links the concept of the cycle of the wheel with the continuous cycle of life.
Also, as the wheel is interconnected with the spokes and tire, so we are interconnected with one another. Therefore, this indicates how much we need each other. Through the support of therapy, we can find hope and healing and continue to move forward, just like the wheel.
However, before we can find peace and healing, we must reach out. We must take the first step and seek help. We can’t allow the physical effect of alcohol to destroy our lives.
Other treatment therapies that are successful in treating those with alcohol use disorder are:
- 12-step support groups
- Non-12-step programs
- Acupuncture therapy program
- Anger management therapy program
- Art therapy program
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy program
- Dialectical-behavioral therapy program
- EMDR therapy program
Create the Life You Always Wanted
You can have the life you always dreamed about. You don’t have to allow alcohol to drag you down physically, mentally, and emotionally. At Promises Behavioral Health, our compassionate team will walk beside you on your journey to a new start.
You can conquer your addiction with the right type of treatment program. We offer several models to meet the many demanding lifestyles that people have. Some of the programs we offer include the following:
- Outpatient Treatment Program
- Men’s Addiction Treatment Program
- Women’s Addiction Treatment Program
- Family Therapy Treatment Program
- Residential Alcohol Treatment Program
Now is the time to make a difference in your life. Don’t let alcohol ruin your body and life. You can win and overcome your addiction by going to quality alcohol rehab. Contact us at 844.875.5609, and we’ll get you on the road to recovery.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]